“EVERYONE IS A MOON, AND HAS A DARK SIDE WHICH HE NEVER SHOWS TO ANYBODY”
THE SECRETS WE KEEP
You all grew up in the same orphanage.
You were a band.
When one of you died, you were split apart.
A long time has gone by.
You all grew.
You all changed.
A band of orphaned children with a dark past meets again after many years. Buried secrets are unearthed as old wounds start bleeding once again. What have you become? Can you escape what you really are?
A grim, intimate psychological narration. An isolated place, where no one can hear you. These are the secrets we keep.
PERSONAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, PROFOUND
The secrets we keep is a high-budget live action roleplaying game. An exclusive experience for 31 players per run.
Focused on interpretation and on relationship, it was designed to be an intimate, powerful event, aiming directly for the hearts and minds of its players.
A deep larp about memory, regret, hidden truths, delving into what we were, what we are and what we do not want to be.
LOOSELY INSPIRED BY:
THE 80’S AND 90’S THAT NEVER WERE
A time when computers were rudimentary and huge cellphones were only affordable for a select, wealthy few.
A time when TV sets had cathode tubes and music was played on small cassettes.
The era of Blockbuster and VHS rentals.
The years of historical countercultures, of metalheads, of punks, of nerds and geeks, of goths and so many more.
The age of indestructible plastic toys, when modernity had yet to ripen. An age so close and yet so far away.
Run #4 | 27-29 May 2022 | ENG
Run #6 | 3-5 June 2022 | ENG
Convento dell’Incontro. Bagno a Ripoli, Florence, Italy
31 per run
From 180€ to 345€
Food and lodging included.
Registrations are not yet open but you can pre-register by filling out the form to get priority when registrations are open and to be informed about all the news of the world of ZOO!
The pre-registration is free and not binding.
Convento dell’Incontro. Bagno a Ripoli , FIrenze
25-30 per replica
Da 110€ a 220€
Vitto e alloggio compresi
Just some custom HTML
THE NEW GENERATION OF DESIGN
NARRATIVE EXPERIENCE AT THE NEXT LEVEL
The secrets we keep is a game that employs narrative techniques specially designed to create a different, unique emotional experience.
Imagine having total control over your character, being able to use tools that let you narrate your inner world and delve into the full depth of your feelings, intents and memories.
We believe in the creative and expressive potential of people. Thus we designed this game with great care, chiseling it like artisans to deliver you an experience that will move you, making you authors of an original shared narration, something powerful and unique.
WHERE MEMORY LIVES
We have a special, exclusive location in the heart of Italy. Only a few minutes away from Florence. An entire, ancient monastery, all for us.
Historical, solitary, powerful. Hiding mysteries, silences, secrets.
All meals, night stays and travel costs (from Florence) are included in the ticket price.
- 12:00 pm – Meeting at Santa Maria Novella Train Station (Florence)
- Departure to Convento dell’Incontro.
- Workshop #1
- The Larp begins
- Workshop #2 (2 hours in the morning)
- Night Party
- Departure towards Santa Maria Novella Train Station (Florence) arrival by 2 PM.
WHAT WE WILL DO
We will deal with topics such as childhood and the good old days, the passing of time, the power of memory, and the regret for wrong choices.
We will delve into the themes of friendship and betrayal, loyalty and selfishness.
We will use techniques and new narrative solutions to experience the past, present and future of the characters.
cosa non faremo
Address the issues of pedophilia or child abuse.
Physical confrontation and combat. Playing a competitive game.
Playing a horror larp (although there will be some minor harsh scenes).
Physically tiring game.
enter the world of
Born out of an internal reflection and a dialogue with other LARP communities, Chaos League recognizes the need to pay an increasing attention to players’ safety and inclusiveness. For this reason, we would like to point out the following:
- We would like to stress that Chaos League welcomes everyone and all identities. We strongly believe in a diverse, inclusive, respectful and amazing community.
- We created a Safety Team, which is composed of a number of diverse, trustful and empathic organisers. They are not psychologists, but they will do their best to resort to their experience and learn from the best practices and from the people with the right expertise in community.
- An Off-Game Space will be dedicated for participants to use during the event, especially when it comes to particularly intense scenes and overwhelming feelings. The Safety Team will be there to ensure participants’ comfort and privacy, to support in case of emotional need and to help advising the players on how to develop their game.
- To conclude, a part of the pre-game workshop will be specifically dedicated to discuss safety and to explain whom to contact in case of need.