First They Came is a role-playing game created by Chaos League, authors of Sahara Expedition, Bunker 101, The Secrets We Keep and many other successful immersive projects. It is a game to be played face-to-face or online. It tells of the lives and desperate revolt of a group of undesirables according to the regime.
Designed with original mechanics and transmedia materials, First They Came is one of a kind. You play in the dark or blindfolded, guided by audio tracks that reproduce the different environments in which the story unfolds. It is an immersive, touching experience that will allow you to live a deep and human experience.
- An accurate description of the 1942 Berlin setting with hints and insights into daily life, resistance to the regime and repression, with in-depth study of the characters and their legacies.
- Five playable character types (which could become more if the stretch goals are achieved). Each character type is loosely based on a person who actually existed.
- Custom-written flashback scenes that allow for in-depth exploration of the characters and their personal histories.
- Personal documents to develop the characters (handouts). Each character has attached graphic documents that belong to them (letters, reports, photographs, notes, diary pages, etc.) with which you can define and personalize your background.
- Thirteen different audio tracks (which could become more if the stretch goals are achieved) that provide the sound environments of Character Flashbacks, Attic Scenes, and Epilogues. Each track contains sounds, voices, and environments designed to integrate with the game smoothly and organically.
- Guide on best practices to follow for playing in the dark and getting the most out of First They Came in terms of immersion and engagement.
- Safety Guide. Tips and tools to safely manage the issues of First They Came during the game and to put everyone in a position to have fun in a positive way.
- ONLY EDUCATIONAL VERSION: Get the physical version with all stretch goals, the digital version, and a workshop with the game’s authors on how to best use the game in educational settings.
We’ve recently ended the Kickstarter campaign and it’s no longer possible to back it BUT… if you let First They Came slip through your fingers you have one last chance to get it along with some exclusive bonuses.
A Late Pledge is a late support for the campaign, it’s a production support. It doesn’t offer all the rewards of the original campaign, but includes two special contents (an extra character and the Companion with writings and articles about the larp). The game is scheduled for delivery in November 2021. Thanks for support us!
Shipping is included in the price 🙂