First They Came is a role-playing game created by Chaos League, authors of Sahara Expedition, Bunker 101, The Secrets We Keep and many other successful immersive projects. It is a game to be played face-to-face or online. It tells of the lives and desperate revolt of a group of undesirables according to the regime.
Designed with original mechanics and transmedia materials, First They Came is one of a kind. You play in the dark or blindfolded, guided by audio tracks that reproduce the different environments in which the story unfolds. It is an immersive, touching experience that will allow you to live a deep and human experience.
On this page you can currently pre-order the digital version only. Delivery is scheduled for November 2021.
- An accurate description of the 1942 Berlin setting with hints and insights into daily life, resistance to the regime and repression, with in-depth study of the characters and their legacies.
- Five playable character types (which could become more if the stretch goals are achieved). Each character type is loosely based on a person who actually existed.
- Custom-written flashback scenes that allow for in-depth exploration of the characters and their personal histories.
- Personal documents to develop the characters (handouts). Each character has attached graphic documents that belong to them (letters, reports, photographs, notes, diary pages, etc.) with which you can define and personalize your background.
- Thirteen different audio tracks (which could become more if the stretch goals are achieved) that provide the sound environments of Character Flashbacks, Attic Scenes, and Epilogues. Each track contains sounds, voices, and environments designed to integrate with the game smoothly and organically.
- Guide on best practices to follow for playing in the dark and getting the most out of First They Came in terms of immersion and engagement.
- Safety Guide. Tips and tools to safely manage the issues of First They Came during the game and to put everyone in a position to have fun in a positive way.
- ONLY EDUCATIONAL VERSION: Get the physical version with all stretch goals, the digital version, and a workshop with the game’s authors on how to best use the game in educational settings.
In November, the game will be produced in digital, physical and deluxe versions. On this page you can currently pre-order the digital version only. Delivery is planned for November 2021. Thank you very much for your support!